Sunday, September 21, 2008

My little blog house warming party...

Tonight I had my first visitors over to our apartment. Seeing as I know few people in Mesa, I invited Shanna Garrett a sister from my mission, and Angelo a kid I know from my mission over for dinner. We had chicken pillows, one of my personal favorites, with awesome broccoli, fruit salad, and rice. I got to use my pewter dishes which I've never used before, and actually used my inherited dining table and the awesome chairs we got at IKEA. Although there is still plenty of room for improvement, it has been fun to put some of the pieces together. The living room has bits of South America, including two paintings we bought in Tiajuana two weeks ago. The little corner collection contains a lot of random pieces from all over south america. Then the kitchen wall has a European influence with my plates from Spain and Michelle's bells from Holland. Then my room, I figured I'd be honest and not really clean it. :) I love my bed spread, and the wall I painted to match. I plan on hanging more black and white photos that I've taken. And that's about it. Hope you enjoy the small insight into where I live. :)

1 comment:

Tess said...

Lookin' good! How awesome that you get to paint walls! (Oh how I long for the day!) And was that a ceiling fan I saw? SO jealous! But nothing beats the washer/dryer combo. Someday...someday...