Sunday, June 1, 2008

It's about time...

Well the month of May has clearly come and gone... and quite quickly I might add. It seemed to be a whirlwind month as I found myself all over Arizona, Texas, and Las Vegas. :) I guess I will begin with the beginning of the month. The 2nd of May was my Dad's retirement ceremony from the United States Air Force. The ceremony spoke to his excellence in his military career. The day was an emotional one for all of us. As I talked to my siblings, particularly my brothers Stephen and David we echoed the same sentiments of pride in all that our Dad has accomplished. As the general made some of his remarks we soon realized that we only knew of a small portion that my Dad had contributed. Not seeing our dad in uniform will be a hard change. Whether it was his flight suit or his dress blues, we always associated it with Daddy. It's funny how many chapters are beginning and ending in our family. My Dad will be a civilian. My sister Rachel celebrated her first Mother's Day. I will be leaving Provo, going to Spain again, traveling Europe, moving to Phoenix, and starting a real job. David enters the MTC this Wednesday headed to Monterey Mexico. It's very crazy, I question how we got so old. Timothy finished his first year of High School, and Thomas his first year of middle school. I am excited to see the places our family will go. I am so proud of my parents and my siblings. They are amazing people. I am grateful for the relationship that I have with each one of them.
The day after my Dad's retirement ceremony, my brother David went through the temple. What a wonderful blessing to be surrounded by nearly all of my family. Including my 90 year old grandpa. Who we celebrated his birthday that night. We had a great time. Since my dad's family is all over, it isn't often that we all get together. At the end of the party, somehow it became a game to see how many cousins my brothers could toss.... oh boy only in the Willis family. :)
A week later my good friend Stacey got married. The wedding was beautiful. After which my friend Drea and I drove to Moab. Then a week later I was in Texas for a friend's graduation. The next week I went down to Vegas to visit my sister. So to say the least it was been a busy month, with not much time to slow down. I am headed to Spain in 2 weeks and 2 days. Its hard to believe.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Katherine,
You'll have to tell your dad that I said congratulations! I can't believe he retired from the Air Force. I love all the pictures you posted. :)